My name is Leah-Lynn Plante, and I am one of the people who has been subpoenaed to a secret grand jury, meeting in Seattle on September 13th, 2012.
This will be the second time I have appeared before the grand jury, and the second time I have refused to testify. The first time was on August 2nd. I appeared as ordered and identified myself. I was asked if I would be willing to answer any questions. I said, “No,” and was dismissed after being served a second subpoena.
Over a month later, my answer is still the same. No, I will not answer their questions. I believe that these hearings are politically motivated. The government wants to use them to collect information that it can use in a campaign of repression. I refuse to have any part of it, I will never answer their questions, I will never speak.
It is likely that the government will put me in jail for that refusal.
While I hate the very idea of prison, I am ready to face it in order to stay true to my personal beliefs. I know that they want to kidnap me and isolate me from my friends and my loved ones in an effort to coerce me to speak. It will not work. I know that if I am taken away, I will not be alone. We have friends and comrades all around the world standing behind us, and even though this has been one of the most traumatizing experiences of my life, I have never felt so supported or loved. I can only speak for myself, but I have every faith that the others subpoenaed to these hearings will likewise refuse. And I know that hundreds of people have called the US Attorney demanding that they end this tribunal. Hundreds of organizations, representing thousands of people, signed onto a statement expressing solidarity with those of us under attack and demanding an end to this sort of repression.
I know that those people will continue to support me, the others subpoenaed, and the targets of the investigation. That spirit of solidarity is exactly what the state fears. It is the source of our strength, yours and mine. And that strength shows itself in every act of resistance.
Forever in silence,
September 13th, 2012.
- poweradepuke reblogged this from leahxvx
- downherspine likes this
- madcapcat likes this
- ixnineeyedoracle9 likes this
- oldparasitesingle reblogged this from will-potter
- oldparasitesingle likes this
- bun-e-bee reblogged this from leahxvx
- bun-e-bee likes this
- starmichael reblogged this from leahxvx
- discopolice-deactivated reblogged this from leahxvx
- monitoredliving reblogged this from vegandbeat
- starmichael likes this
- vmyrsnhm likes this
- pro-fabulous-anti-capitalist likes this
- pro-fabulous-anti-capitalist reblogged this from leahxvx
- goosedistort reblogged this from leahxvx and added:
- goosedistort likes this
- desanguinea reblogged this from kunopes
- scintillen likes this
- joansuffrajett likes this
- dreadfulviking reblogged this from frozendirt
- nachodiet likes this
- nwraae likes this
- nationstates reblogged this from will-potter and added:
- mutantmasturbater likes this
- amyjunesmells likes this
- will-potter reblogged this from leahxvx
- will-potter likes this
- robxvx likes this
- ithritin-lth likes this
- fau-nae likes this
- wolfandcrowxvx likes this
- noslowjamz reblogged this from vegandbeat
- cephalopodqueen reblogged this from wifwolf
- bone-bandit reblogged this from frozendirt
- puppydogging reblogged this from leahxvx
- dumpsterouija likes this
- vegandbeat reblogged this from frozendirt
- bonecrone reblogged this from frozendirt
- wolfchylde reblogged this from leahxvx
- suburbancunt reblogged this from leahxvx
- suburbancunt likes this
- ksrrkpirg likes this
- crone2thebone reblogged this from leahxvx
- boobsandbooks reblogged this from wifwolf
- truetoyouxvx likes this
- blackcatsandbadnews reblogged this from wifwolf and added:
- notfoundxvx reblogged this from leahxvx
- notfoundxvx likes this
- kunopes reblogged this from leahxvx